The authors appreciate helpful comments and suggestions from an anonymous referee, John Doukas (the editor), Jieyan Fang, Stephan Jank, Stefan Ruenzi, seminar participants at the University of Mannheim and the 17th annual meeting of the German Finance Association (DGF) in Hamburg. We also thank Stiftung Warentest for providing data on the ratings and fund classification, Morningstar for data on mutual fund portfolio holdings and total expense ratios, and Nico Hemker for excellent research assistance. Special thanks goes to Andrew Patton for providing the code for the monotonic relationship (MR) tests in Patton and Timmermann () on his web-site. Financial support from the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft and Boerse Hamburg and Hannover is gratefully acknowledged. Correspondence: Sebastian Müller.
Evaluating the Rating of Stiftung Warentest: How Good Are Mutual Fund Ratings and Can They Be Improved?
Article first published online: 27 JAN 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
European Financial Management
Volume 20, Issue 2, pages 207–235, March 2014
How to Cite
Müller, S. and Weber, M. (2014), Evaluating the Rating of Stiftung Warentest: How Good Are Mutual Fund Ratings and Can They Be Improved?. European Financial Management, 20: 207–235. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2011.00632.x
- Issue published online: 14 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 27 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!