We thank participants at the annual conferences of the European Financial Management Association, German Economic Association, German Finance Association, Money Macro Finance Research Group, and the Royal Economic Society, as well as the audiences of several seminars, in particular Michael Bräuninger, Jerry Coakley, Michael Frenkel, Markus Glaser, Alan Kirman, Thomas Lux, Christian Pfeifer, Winfried Pohlmeier, Michael Schröder and Philipp Sibbertsen for their helpful comments and discussion. We gratefully acknowledge very constructive comments by the editor and two anonymous referees. In addition, we thank the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) in Mannheim, Germany, for providing the data set. Oliver Gloede gratefully acknowledges a scholarship of the Foundation of German Business (Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft).
Financial Professionals' Overconfidence: Is It Experience, Function, or Attitude?
Article first published online: 13 DEC 2011
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
European Financial Management
Volume 20, Issue 2, pages 236–269, March 2014
How to Cite
Gloede, O. and Menkhoff, L. (2014), Financial Professionals' Overconfidence: Is It Experience, Function, or Attitude?. European Financial Management, 20: 236–269. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2011.00636.x
- Issue published online: 14 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 13 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!