The views expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Banco de España. The authors are particularly indebted to Larry Wall. The authors would like to thank John Doukas (the Editor) and two anonymous referees for valuable comments. We also thank Leonidas Barbopoulos, Allen Berger, Benton Gup, Arnie Cowan, Ignacio Hernando, Paul Kupiec, Chen Liu, Tobias Michalak, Krista Minnick and Francesco Vallascas as well as participants at the 9th INFINITI conference (Dublin), the Southern Finance Association (Key West), the 2012 Eastern Finance Association (Boston) and the 2012 Western Economic Association meetings (San Francisco). This project was completed while Jens Hagendorff was visiting at Banco de España. The usual disclaimer applies. Correspondence: Jens Hagendorff.
The Safety and Soundness Effects of Bank M&A in the EU: Does Prudential Regulation Have any Impact?
Article first published online: 13 JUN 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
European Financial Management
How to Cite
Hagendorff, J. and J. Nieto, M. (2013), The Safety and Soundness Effects of Bank M&A in the EU: Does Prudential Regulation Have any Impact?. European Financial Management. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2013.12022.x
- Article first published online: 13 JUN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!