The views expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Banco de España. The authors are particularly indebted to Larry Wall. The authors would like to thank John Doukas (the Editor) and two anonymous referees for valuable comments. We also thank Leonidas Barbopoulos, Allen Berger, Benton Gup, Arnie Cowan, Ignacio Hernando, Paul Kupiec, Chen Liu, Tobias Michalak, Krista Minnick and Francesco Vallascas as well as participants at the 9th INFINITI conference (Dublin), the Southern Finance Association (Key West), the 2012 Eastern Finance Association (Boston) and the 2012 Western Economic Association meetings (San Francisco). This project was completed while Jens Hagendorff was visiting at Banco de España. The usual disclaimer applies. Correspondence: Jens Hagendorff.
The Safety and Soundness Effects of Bank M&A in the EU: Does Prudential Regulation Have any Impact?
Version of Record online: 13 JUN 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
European Financial Management
Volume 21, Issue 3, pages 462–490, June 2015
How to Cite
Hagendorff, J. and J. Nieto, M. (2015), The Safety and Soundness Effects of Bank M&A in the EU: Does Prudential Regulation Have any Impact?. European Financial Management, 21: 462–490. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2013.12022.x
- Issue online: 31 MAY 2015
- Version of Record online: 13 JUN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!