We express our gratitude to John Wilson (University of St. Andrews), Frank Hong Liu (University of Glasgow) and Ettore Croci (Catholic University of Milan) and an anonymous referee for their helpful comments and suggestions, which greatly improved this article. We thank Nicola Tommasi (University of Verona) and Mariacristina Piva (Catholic University of Piacenza) for their support and assistance in the empirical analysis, Luigi Gallitto (Bureau van Dijk) for his assistance in gathering balance sheet data from the BankScope database. We also wish to thank the editor, John Doukas. Correspondence: Federica Poli.
Are Cooperative Banks a Lever for Promoting Bank Stability? Evidence from the Recent Financial Crisis in OECD Countries
Version of Record online: 7 JUL 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
European Financial Management
Volume 21, Issue 3, pages 491–523, June 2015
How to Cite
Chiaramonte, L., Poli, F. and Oriani, M. E. (2015), Are Cooperative Banks a Lever for Promoting Bank Stability? Evidence from the Recent Financial Crisis in OECD Countries. European Financial Management, 21: 491–523. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-036X.2013.12026.x
- Issue online: 31 MAY 2015
- Version of Record online: 7 JUL 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!