The development of hypophosphataemic osteomalacia with myopathy in two patients with HIV infection receiving tenofovir therapy
Article first published online: 7 SEP 2005
Volume 6, Issue 5, pages 341–346, September 2005
How to Cite
Parsonage, M., Wilkins, E., Snowden, N., Issa, B. and Savage, M. (2005), The development of hypophosphataemic osteomalacia with myopathy in two patients with HIV infection receiving tenofovir therapy. HIV Medicine, 6: 341–346. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-1293.2005.00318.x
- Issue published online: 7 SEP 2005
- Article first published online: 7 SEP 2005
- Received: 28 September 2004, accepted 18 February 2005
- 1Osteopenia in HIV-infected patients. Is it the disease or is it the treatment? 8th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Chicago, IL, February 2001. [Abstract 629]., , , , ,
- 4Human immunodeficiency virus-related wasting: malabsorption syndromes. Seminars Oncol 1998; 25 (Suppl. 6): 70–75.
- 8Anonymous. Viread (Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate) Product Monograph. Foster City, CA, Gilead Sciences, 2001.
- 12Severe osteomalacia due to gluten-sensitive enteropathy. Annali Ital Med Intern 1994; 9: 40–43., , , , ,
- 19Anonymous. Vioxx Summary of Product Characteristics. ABPI Datasheet Compendium 2004. Epsom, UK, Datapharm Communications, 2004.
- 23Similar 96-week renal safety profile of Tenofovir DF vs Stavudine when used in combination with lamivudine in ART naïve patients. 43rd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. Chicago, IL, September 2003 [Abstract H-840]., , , , ,
- 25Increases in creatinine during therapy with tenofovir. 2nd International AIDS Society Conference. Paris, France, July 2003 [Oral presentation 55]., , et al.
- 26Gilead Sciences International Limited. Viread SPC 2004. Viread Product Information. Foster City, CA, USA. Gilead Sciences International Limited, 2004.
- 27Tenofovir: a nucleotide analog for the management of human immunodeficiency virus infection. Pharmacotherapy 2003; 23: 29–43., ,
- 29Flare response seen in therapy for osteomalacia. J Nuclear Med 1998; 39: 2095., , et al.
- 30Pituitary adenomas, In: KayeA. ed. Essential Neurosurgery. London, UK, Churchill Livingstone, 1991: 147–168.
- 31Differential diagnosis and secondary causes of osteoporosis. Clin Cornerstone 2000; 2: 1098–3597.,
- 32Effect of oxandrolone upon bone mineral content in malnourished HIV+patients. 8th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Chicago, IL, February 2001 [Abstract 636]., , , ,