European AIDS Clinical Society (EACS) guidelines on the prevention and management of metabolic diseases in HIV*
Article first published online: 31 JAN 2008
© 2008 British HIV Association
Volume 9, Issue 2, pages 72–81, February 2008
How to Cite
Lundgren, J., Battegay, M., Behrens, G., De Wit, S., Guaraldi, G., Katlama, C., Martinez, E., Nair, D., Powderly, W., Reiss, P., Sutinen, J., Vigano, A. and the EACS Executive Committee (2008), European AIDS Clinical Society (EACS) guidelines on the prevention and management of metabolic diseases in HIV. HIV Medicine, 9: 72–81. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-1293.2007.00534.x
*These guidelines will be updated as new evidence emerges. Please check on http://www.eacs.eu for the most recent version. Any conflict of interest of panel members can also be found on this website.
‡See http://www.eacs.eu for current roster.
- Issue published online: 31 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 31 JAN 2008
- Received: 10 November 2007, accepted 15 November 2007
- 7Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Cholesterol in Adults. Executive summary of the third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) expert panel on detection, evaluation and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA 2001; 285: 2486–2497 (updates: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/cholesterol/index.htm).
- 8Guidelines for the evaluation and management of dyslipidemia in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected adults receiving antiretroviral therapy: recommendations of the HIV Medical Association of the Infectious Disease Society of America and the Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group. Clin Infect Dis 2003; 37: 613–627., , et al.
- 12Antiretroviral-therapy-associated lipoatrophy: current status and future directions. Sex Health 2005; 2: 153–163.,
- 14American Diabetes Association. Position statement: standards of medical care in diabetes – 2007. Diabetes Care 2007; 30 (Suppl 1): S48–S65.