Social and economic hardship among people living with HIV in London
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
© 2008 British HIV Association
Volume 9, Issue 8, pages 616–624, September 2008
How to Cite
Ibrahim, F., Anderson, J., Bukutu, C. and Elford, J. (2008), Social and economic hardship among people living with HIV in London. HIV Medicine, 9: 616–624. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-1293.2008.00605.x
- Issue published online: 15 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Received: 25 October 2007, accepted 15 April 2008
- 1The UK Collaborative Group for HIV and STI Surveillance. Testing Times. HIV and Other Sexually Transmitted Infections in the United Kingdom: 2007. London: Health Protection Agency: Centre for Infections, 2007.
- 2Crusaid and National AIDS Trust. Poverty and HIV: Findings from the Crusaid Hardship Fund. London: Crusaid and National AIDS Trust, 2006.
- 3Project Nasah. An Investigation into the HIV Treatment Information and Other Needs of African People with HIV Resident in England. London: Sigma Research, 2003., , , , .
- 5What Do You Need? Findings from a National Survey of People Living with HIV. London: Sigma Research, 2002., , , .
- 6The Padare Project: Assessing Health-related Knowledge, Attitudes and Behaviours of HIV-positive Africans Accessing Services in North Central London. London: African HIV Policy Network, 2003., .
- 7The Shibah Report: A Study of Sexual Health Issues Affecting Black Africans Living with HIV in Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham. London: Health First, 2003., , .
- 8MAYISHA II Collaborative Group. Assessing the Feasibility and Acceptability of Community Based Prevalence Surveys of HIV Among Black Africans in England. London: Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, 2005.
- 9The psychosocial and health care needs of HIV-positive people in the United Kingdom: a review. HIV Med 2004; 5 (Suppl. 1): 5–46.,
- 12Office for National Statistics. Labour Market Review 2006. London: ONS, 2006 (Available at http://www.statistics.gov.uk/labourmarketreview).
- 13Factors distinguishing employed from unemployed people in the Positive Health Study. AIDS 2007; 21 (Suppl. 1): 37–42., , , ,
- 16Living and working with HIV in France in 2003: results from the ANRS-EN12-VESPA Study. AIDS 2007; 21 (Suppl. 1): 29–36.,
- 18Ethnic Minorities in the Labour Market: Dynamics and Diversity. Bristol: Policy Press, 2007., .
- 19Poverty and Ethnicity in the UK. Bristol: Policy Press, 2007..
- 20Diagnosis and stigma and identity among HIV-positive Black Africans living in the UK. Psychol Health 2006; 21: 109–122., , , , ,
- 23Sexual behaviour of people living with HIV in London: implications for HIV transmission. AIDS 2007; 21 (Suppl. 1): 63–70., , ,
- 24The UK Collaborative Group for HIV and STI Surveillance. Mapping the Issues. HIV and Other Sexually Transmitted Infections in the United Kingdom: 2005. London: Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, 2005.
- 28Sexual behaviour among HIV-positive black Caribbeans in south London: the LIVITY Study. Paper presented at the 12th Annual Conference of the British HIV Association, Brighton, April 2006 [Abstract O25]. HIV Med 2006; 7 (Suppl. 1): 7., , , , ,
- 29Decisions to disclose among HIV-positive black Caribbeans. Paper presented at the 12th Annual Conference of the British HIV Association, April 2006 [Abstract P86]. HIV Med 2006; 7 (Suppl. 1): 33., , , ,