Earlier initiation of antiretroviral therapy, increased tuberculosis case finding and reduced mortality in a setting of improved HIV care: a retrospective cohort study
Article first published online: 2 FEB 2012
© 2012 British HIV Association
Volume 13, Issue 6, pages 337–344, July 2012
How to Cite
Hermans, S., van Leth, F., Manabe, Y., Hoepelman, A., Lange, J. and Kambugu, A. (2012), Earlier initiation of antiretroviral therapy, increased tuberculosis case finding and reduced mortality in a setting of improved HIV care: a retrospective cohort study. HIV Medicine, 13: 337–344. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-1293.2011.00980.x
- Issue published online: 1 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 2 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 OCT 2011
- Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research–WOTRO Science for Global Development: NACCAP. Grant Number: W 07.05.20100
- European Union. Grant Number: SANTE/2006/105-316
- 8Department of Health and Human Services. Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents. Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents in HIV-1-infected adults and adolescents, 2011.
- 9World Health Organization. Rapid Advice: Antiretroviral therapy for HIV infection in adults and adolescents, 2009.
- 14Ministry of Health, Uganda. National Antiretroviral Treatment and Care Guidelines for Adults, Adolescents, and Children, 2008.
- 15Ministry of Health, Uganda. National Antiretroviral Treatment and Care Guidelines for Adults, Adolescents, and Children, 2009.
- 16World Health Organization. Treatment of Tuberculosis Guidelines, 2010.
- 18Losses to Follow-up in a Large ART Program in Uganda. Conference of Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Boston, MA, February 2008 [Abstract 840]., , et al.
- 19Antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settings 1996 to 2006: patient characteristics, treatment regimens and monitoring in sub-Saharan Africa, Asia and Latin America. Trop Med Int Health 2008; 13: 870–879., , et al.
- 24The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. Annual Report. 2005.
- 27Discordant responses to potent antiretroviral treatment in previously naive HIV-1-Infected adults initiating treatment in resource-constrained countries: the antiretroviral therapy in low-income countries (ART-LINC) collaboration. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2007; 45: 52–59., , et al.
- 32Adult and Adolescent Spectrum of HIV Disease Project Group. Distribution of CD4+ T lymphocytes at diagnosis of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome – defining and other human immunodeficiency virus – related illnesses. Arch Intern Med 1995; 155: 1537–1542., , , ,