Screening for chronic comorbid diseases in people with HIV: the need for a strategic approach
Article first published online: 2 NOV 2012
© 2012 British HIV Association
Special Issue: Screening for Chronic Comorbid Diseases in People with HIV: The Need for a Strategic Approach
Volume 14, Issue Supplement S1, pages 1–11, January 2013
How to Cite
Peters, B., Post, F., Wierzbicki, A., Phillips, A., Power, L., Das, S., Johnson, M., Moyle, G., Hughes, L., Wilkins, E., McCloskey, E., Compston, J. and Di Angelantonio, E. (2013), Screening for chronic comorbid diseases in people with HIV: the need for a strategic approach. HIV Medicine, 14: 1–11. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-1293.2012.01055.x
- Issue published online: 2 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 2 NOV 2012
- 6Contribution of immunodeficiency to coronary heart disease: cohort study of HIV-infected and HIV-uninfected Kaiser Permanente members. Poster presented at the 18th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (2011). Available at: www.retroconference.org/2011/PDFs/810.pdf (accessed 22 June 2012)., , et al.
- 13World Health Organization. Global status report on noncommunicable diseases 2010. WHO, Geneva, 2011, ISBN 978 92 4 156422 9.
- 14Department of Health. Vascular Programme. Putting prevention first – vascular checks: risk assessment and management. London, UK. Department of Health. 2008; Report no. 287093.
- 16Yorkshire and Humber Public Health Authority (2008). Diabetes attributable deaths: estimating the excess deaths among people with diabetes. Available at: www.yhpho.org.uk/resource/view.aspx?RID=9909 (accessed 22 June 2012).
- 19European Society of Cardiology (ESC); European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS). ESC/EAS Guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemias. The Task Force for the management of dyslipidaemias of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS). Atherosclerosis 2011; 217: 3–46., , et al.
- 21National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Cardiovascular risk assessment and the modification of blood lipids for the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Clinical guideline CG67. May 2008. London, UK.
- 22Department of Health. NHS Health Check Programme. Putting prevention first – NHS health check: vascular risk assessment and management best practice guidance. London, UK. Department of Health. 2009. Report no. 11473.
- 24Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN). Management of osteoporosis. Guideline No. 71. June 2003 (updated April 2004). Available at: www.sign.ac.uk/guidelines/fulltext/71/index.html (accessed 22 June 2012).
- 25International Osteoporosis Foundation. Available at: www.iofbonehealth.org/facts-and-statistics.html (accessed 22 June 2012).
- 28European AIDS Clinical Society (EACS). Guidelines. Part III. Prevention and management of non-infectious co-morbidities in HIV. Version 6.1 – November 2011. Available at www.sidachile.cl/guias/eacsguidelines2011.pdf (accessed 22 June 2012).
- 38Clinical Epidemiology Group of the French Hospital Database on HIV. Impact of individual antiretroviral drugs on the risk of myocardial infarction in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients: a case-control study nested within the French Hospital Database on HIV ANRS cohort CO4. Arch Intern Med 2010;170:1228–1238., , , , , , , ,
- 45National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Type 2 diabetes. The management of type 2 diabetes (update). Clinical guideline CG66. December 2008. London, UK.
- 51Trends in diseases reported on US death certificates that mentioned HIV infection, 1996–2006. J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 2011; 10: 5–11., , .
- 52Data collection on adverse events of anti-HIV drugs (D:A:D) Study Group, , , et al. Factors associated with specific causes of death amongst HIV-positive individuals in the D:A:D Study. AIDS 2010; 24: 1537–1548.
- 68Facebook statistics, December 2011. Available at www.facebook.com/press/info.php?factsheetstatistics (accessed 22 December 2011).