Some of the data in this paper were presented as a poster at the 10th International Congress on Drug Therapy in HIV Infection, Glasgow, UK, 7-11 November 2010: C. Orkin, E. DeJesus, H. Khanlou, A. Stoehr, K. Supparatpinyo, T. Van de Casteele, E. Lathouwers, S. Spinosa-Guzman. ARTEMIS: 192-week efficacy and safety of once-daily darunavir/ritonavir (DRV/r) versus lopinavir/r (LPV/r) in treatment-naïve HIV-1-infected adults. Journal of the International AIDS Society 2010 13(Suppl 4):P3.
Final 192-week efficacy and safety of once-daily darunavir/ritonavir compared with lopinavir/ritonavir in HIV-1-infected treatment-naïve patients in the ARTEMIS trial†
Article first published online: 23 OCT 2012
© 2012 British HIV Association
Volume 14, Issue 1, pages 49–59, January 2013
How to Cite
Orkin, C., DeJesus, E., Khanlou, H., Stoehr, A., Supparatpinyo, K., Lathouwers, E., Lefebvre, E., Opsomer, M., Van de Casteele, T. and Tomaka, F. (2013), Final 192-week efficacy and safety of once-daily darunavir/ritonavir compared with lopinavir/ritonavir in HIV-1-infected treatment-naïve patients in the ARTEMIS trial. HIV Medicine, 14: 49–59. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-1293.2012.01060.x
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 23 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 SEP 2012
- 1DHHS Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents. Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents in HIV-1-infected adults and adolescents. October 14, 2011. Available at www.aidsinfo.nih.gov/ContentFiles/AdultandAdolescentGL.pdf (accessed 15 October 2012).
- 2European AIDS Clinical Society. Clinical management and treatment of HIV-infected adults in Europe. Version 6.0 – October 2011. Available at www.europeanaidsclinicalsociety.org/ (accessed 15 October 2012).
- 11Efficacy and safety by baseline HIV-RNA and CD4 count in treatment-naive patients treated with atazanavir/r and lopinavir/r in the CASTLE study. J Int AIDS Soc 2008; 11 (Suppl. 1): P8., , et al.
- 13Once daily atazanavir/ritonavir versus twice-daily lopinavir/ritonavir, each in combination with tenofovir and emtricitabine, for management of antiretroviral-naïve HIV-1-infected patients: 48 week efficacy and safety results of the CASTLE study. Lancet 2008; 372: 646–655., , et al.
- 14New tablet formulation of lopinavir/ritonavir is bioequivalent to the capsule at a dose of 800/200 mg. 45th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. Washington, USA, December 2005 [Poster H-1894]., , et al.
- 16METABOLIK: Week 48 comparison of metabolic parameters and biomarkers in subjects receiving darunavir/ritonavir or atazanavir/ritonavir. 10th International Congress on Drug Therapy in HIV Infection. Glasgow, UK, November 2010 [Abstract P74]., , et al.
- 17Lopinavir to atazanavir or darunavir switch in HIV-1 infected patients with dyslipidemia: an observational study. J Int AIDS Soc 2010; 13 (Suppl. 4): P46., , , , , .
- 18Randomized comparison of DRV/r vs ATV/r on serum lipids in HIV+ persons on fully suppressive LPV/r or FPV/r with high serum triglycerides. 18th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Boston, USA, February–March 2011 [Abstract 817]., , et al.