Report of the Guideline Standards Subcommittee of the EFNS Scientific Committee.
Guidance for the preparation of neurological management guidelines by EFNS scientific task forces – revised recommendations 2004*
Version of Record online: 15 SEP 2004
European Journal of Neurology
Volume 11, Issue 9, pages 577–581, September 2004
How to Cite
Brainin, M., Barnes, M., Baron, J.-C., Gilhus, N. E., Hughes, R., Selmaj, K. and Waldemar, G. (2004), Guidance for the preparation of neurological management guidelines by EFNS scientific task forces – revised recommendations 2004. European Journal of Neurology, 11: 577–581. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-1331.2004.00867.x
- Issue online: 15 SEP 2004
- Version of Record online: 15 SEP 2004
- Received 5 March 2004 Accepted 7 March 2004
- American Academy of Neurology, Quality Standards Subcommittee (1999). Process for Developing Practice Parameters. Saint Paul, MN: American Academy of Neurology.
- 1999). Consensus developing methods: a review of best practices creating clinical guidelines. J Health Serv Res Policy 4: 236–238. , , et al. (
- Cochrane Collaboration. http://www.cochrane.org.
- 2002). Adherence to postacute rehabilitation guidelines is associated with functional recovery in stroke. Stroke 33: 167–178. , , et al. (
- 2002). AAN clinical practice guidelines. Neurology 59: 975–976. , (
- 2000). Practice guidelines developed by specialty societies: the need for a critical appraisal. The Lancet 355: 103–106. , , , , (
- 2002). An assessment of guidelines for prevention of ischemic stroke. Neurology 59: 977–982. , (
- 2003) Practice parameter: treatment of the child with a first unprovoked seizure. Report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology and the Practice Committee of the Child Neurology Society. Neurology 60: 166–175. , , et al. (
- 2001). Guidance for the preparation of neurological management guidelines by EFNS scientific task forces. Eur J Neurol 8: 549–550. , , , (
- for the CONSORT Group (2001). The CONSORT statement: revised recommendations for improving the quality of reports of parallel-group randomised trials. The Lancet 357: 1191–1194. , , ,
- 2003). The burden of brain diseases in Europe. Eur J Neurol 10: 471. , (
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN) (2002): Management of patients with stroke. A national clinical guideline. http://www.sign.ac.uk.
- 1999). Are guidelines following guidelines? The methodological quality of clinical practice guidelines in the peer-reviewed medical literature. JAMA 281: 1900–1905. , , (
- 2003). Practice parameter: evaluation of the child with global developmental delay. Report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology and The Practice Committee of the Child Neurology Society. Neurology 60: 367–380. , , et al. (
- 2003). Standardized reporting of clinical practice guidelines: a proposal from the Conference on Guideline Standardization: Ann Intern Med139: 493–498. , , , , , (
- 1999). Multiple-informant ranking of the disabling effects of different health conditions in 14 countries. The Lancet 354: 111–115. , , et al. (