This research was partially supported by National Science Foundation Grant SES 87-13817. An earlier version was presented at the 1993 meeting of the Southern Regional Science Association. Four anonymous referees and Luc Anselin, Brian Cushing, Stuart Dorsey, Ronald Lewis, Sally Maggard, and Dennis Robinson made exceptionally helpful suggestions.
Geographical and Gender Differences in Labor Force Participation: Is there an Appalachian Effect?
Article first published online: 3 JUL 2006
Growth and Change
Volume 24, Issue 4, pages 539–578, October 1993
How to Cite
ISSERMAN, A. M. and REPHANN, T. J. (1993), Geographical and Gender Differences in Labor Force Participation: Is there an Appalachian Effect?. Growth and Change, 24: 539–578. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2257.1993.tb00137.x
- Issue published online: 3 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 3 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!