Acknowledgements. Access to Sir Henry Halford's clinical journal October 1811-January 1812 in the Royal Archives was graciously granted by Her Majesty the Queen. We are greatly indebted for access to and permission to publish from papers in the Niedersächsische Staatsarchiv to His Royal Highness Prince Ernest Augustus of Hanover; the Queen's Council Papers to His Grace the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Trustees of Lambeth Palace Library; the diary of Sir George Baker to Sir Randle Baker Wilbraham; and to Professor Ian R. Christie for helpful advice. The medical results of this study were first published in the British Medical Journal in January 1966.
A Clinical Reassessment of the ‘Insanity’ of George III and Some of its Historical Implications1
Article first published online: 12 OCT 2007
Volume 40, Issue 102, pages 166–185, November 1967
How to Cite
Macalpine, I. and Hunter, R. (1967), A Clinical Reassessment of the ‘Insanity’ of George III and Some of its Historical Implications. Historical Research, 40: 166–185. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2281.1967.tb02147.x
- Issue published online: 12 OCT 2007
- Article first published online: 12 OCT 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!