This article was written during the author's tenure as Isobel Thornley Research Fellow at the Institute of Historical Research, University of London. It was first presented at the I.H.R.'s seminar in the Economic and Social History of the Premodern World, and subsequently awarded the Pollard Prize 2009. The author is grateful to the convenors and participants of the seminar for their probing questions and valuable comments. The author is also grateful for the advice of Daud Ali, William G. Clarence-Smith and Luke S. Clossey, and for the helpful comments of the examiners of his Ph.D. thesis. Any errors of fact or interpretation remain, of course, his sole responsibility.
‘Measuring by the bushel’: reweighing the Indian Ocean pepper trade
Version of Record online: 31 MAR 2010
© Institute of Historical Research 2010
Volume 84, Issue 224, pages 212–235, May 2011
How to Cite
Prange, S. R. (2011), ‘Measuring by the bushel’: reweighing the Indian Ocean pepper trade. Historical Research, 84: 212–235. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2281.2010.00547.x
- Issue online: 31 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 31 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!