The author would like to thank Dr. Paul Readman for reading and commenting upon numerous drafts at various stages, as well as for his assistance with the process of transferring his M.A. thesis into this article. He also would like to express his appreciation to the independent referees for their valuable suggestions. Finally, he is grateful to the master and members of the Worshipful Company of Bowyers for their support in awarding the original thesis the Bowyers' Graduate Academic Prize for History in 2009.
‘The eyes of an empire’: the Legion of Frontiersmen, 1904–14*
Article first published online: 28 JAN 2011
Copyright © 2011 Institute of Historical Research
Volume 85, Issue 227, pages 133–158, February 2012
How to Cite
Humphries, M. (2012), ‘The eyes of an empire’: the Legion of Frontiersmen, 1904–14. Historical Research, 85: 133–158. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2281.2010.00565.x
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 28 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!