Earlier versions of this article were presented to the 2010 ‘Crossroads’ conference of the Association for Cultural Studies, and to the history department seminar at Hong Kong University. The author is grateful for financial support from the research and postgraduate studies committee of Lingnan University, Hong Kong. In addition, thanks are due to John Carroll, David Clayton, Peter Mandler and Simon Potter, and to two anonymous referees, for valuable comments on earlier drafts of this article; to Timothy Wales and Penelope Pang Ching-Yee, for crucial research assistance; and to the British Council for permission to quote from their papers.
Projecting Britishness to Hong Kong: the British Council and Hong Kong House, nineteen-fifties to nineteen-seventies†
Article first published online: 17 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 Institute of Historical Research
Volume 85, Issue 230, pages 691–709, November 2012
How to Cite
Hampton, M. (2012), Projecting Britishness to Hong Kong: the British Council and Hong Kong House, nineteen-fifties to nineteen-seventies. Historical Research, 85: 691–709. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2281.2012.00611.x
- Issue published online: 19 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 17 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!