I should like to thank the members of the History seminar at the University of Warwick – and in particular, Bernard Capp, Steve Hindle and Mark Knights – for their comments on an earlier version of this paper. I am also very grateful to George Bernard, Alistair Dougall, Julie Gammon, the editor of History and the journal's anonymous readers for their helpful suggestions on previous drafts of the text. I am especially indebted to Jannine Crocker and John Draisey for the invaluable assistance which they gave me in deciphering and translating the original documents on which this article is based.
‘It Is But an Olde Wytche Gonne’: Prosecution and Execution for Witchcraft in Exeter, 1558–1610
Article first published online: 15 APR 2011
© 2011 The Author. History© 2011 The Historical Association and Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Volume 96, Issue 322, pages 129–151, April 2011
How to Cite
STOYLE, M. (2011), ‘It Is But an Olde Wytche Gonne’: Prosecution and Execution for Witchcraft in Exeter, 1558–1610. History, 96: 129–151. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-229X.2011.00511.x
- Issue published online: 15 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 15 APR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!