Research for this essay was funded by a Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship, and the author would like to thank the Foundation for their generous support, as well as the Friends of Princeton University Library for their award of a Fellowship, which enabled him to study Princeton's important collection of Kingsley material.
An Illiberal Descent: Natural and National History in the Work of Charles Kingsley
Article first published online: 15 APR 2011
© 2011 The Author. History© 2011 The Historical Association and Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Volume 96, Issue 322, pages 167–187, April 2011
How to Cite
CONLIN, J. (2011), An Illiberal Descent: Natural and National History in the Work of Charles Kingsley. History, 96: 167–187. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-229X.2011.00513.x
- Issue published online: 15 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 15 APR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!