Part of the research for this article was facilitated by a grant from the Appalachian State University Foundation Fellows. I am grateful to the awarding committee and to Kate Brinko and Marlena Van Vliet, who administered my grant. I would also like to thank the two anonymous referees who commented on the original version of this article, and Professor Denis Paz, of the University of North Texas, who first alerted me to the importance of O'Brien's Power of the Pence.
Chartism, Bronterre O'Brien and the ‘Luminous Political Example of America’
Article first published online: 25 JAN 2012
© 2012 The Author. History© 2012 The Historical Association and Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Volume 97, Issue 325, pages 43–69, January 2012
How to Cite
TURNER, M. J. (2012), Chartism, Bronterre O'Brien and the ‘Luminous Political Example of America’. History, 97: 43–69. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-229X.2011.00544.x
- Issue published online: 25 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 25 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!