Institute for International Policy Studies; Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. This project was undertaken as part of a research project exploring the interaction between the pension program, retirement, and the well-being of the elderly, supported by Health and Labour Sciences Research Grants (FY2007–FY2008) and Project on International Equity (FY2006-FY2010), supported by Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. We are grateful to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare for providing us a micro-level dataset from the Survey on Employment of the Elderly. We also thank Akiko Oishi for her very constructive comments. The views expressed in this paper are personal.
New Evidence on Initial Transition from Career Job to Retirement in Japan
Article first published online: 8 MAR 2010
© 2010 Regents of the University of California
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society
Volume 49, Issue 2, pages 248–274, April 2010
How to Cite
SHIMIZUTANI, S. and OSHIO, T. (2010), New Evidence on Initial Transition from Career Job to Retirement in Japan. Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, 49: 248–274. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-232X.2010.00598.x
- Issue published online: 8 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 8 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!