The authors’ affiliations are, respectively, Korea Labor Institute; Institute of Innovation Research, Hitotsubashi University; Colgate University, IZA Bonn, Center on Japanese Economy and Business (Columbia Business School), Tokyo Center for Economic Research (University of Tokyo), and Center for Corporate Performance (Aarhus School of Business); Management College, University of Incheon; Department of Economics, Hitotsubashi University. E-mail: email@example.com. The Japanese Worker Representation and Participation Survey was made possible by generous support from the RIETI (Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry); the Abe Fellowship Program of the Social Sciences Research Council, and the American Council of Learned Societies with funds provided by the Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership; the Nihon Keizai Kenkyu Shorei Zaidan; and Denki Rengo (Japanese Electrical, Electronic, Information Union). The Korean Worker Representation and Participation Survey was made possible by generous support from the KLI (Korea Labor Institute) and Metal Union. We are also thankful to Richard Freeman for his continued encouragement and advice. The paper also benefitted from comments and suggestions from Hideo Owan (discussant) and participants at the First Annual SEBA-GATE Workshop, Beijing, May 2010; the ASSA Meetings, San Francisco, January 3, 2009; Jesse Shapiro (discussant) and participants at the NBER Japan Project Meeting, Tokyo, June 25, 2008; participants at the Trans-Pacific Labor Seminar, UC-Santa Barbara, March 10-11, 2007 as well as at the seminar series at the Helsinki School of Economics, March 2006. The views in this paper are solely the responsibility of the authors.
High Performance Work Practices and Employee Voice: A Comparison of Japanese and Korean Workers
Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2010
Copyright © 2011 The Regents of the University of California
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society
Volume 50, Issue 1, pages 1–29, January 2011
How to Cite
BAE, K.-S., CHUMA, H., KATO, T., KIM, D.-B. and OHASHI, I. (2011), High Performance Work Practices and Employee Voice: A Comparison of Japanese and Korean Workers. Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, 50: 1–29. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-232X.2010.00623.x
- Issue online: 22 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!