The author’s affiliation is the School of Labor and Employment Relations, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 504 East Armory Avenue, Champaign, IL 61801 and the ESADE Business School, Ramon Llull University, Avenida Pedralbes 60-62, E-08034, Barcelona, Spain. E-mail: email@example.com; (217) 333 2383. I gratefully acknowledge valuable comments from Ruth Aguilera, Joe Broschak, Peter Cappelli, Kevin Hallock, Herminia Ibarra, Peter Marsden, Joe Martocchio, and Aage Sørensen. Thanks also to the editor, Trond Petersen, and the anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments and suggestions. The usual caveats apply.
Who Do Firms Lay Off and Why?
Version of Record online: 29 JAN 2012
© 2012 The Regents of the University of California
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 152–169, January 2012
How to Cite
DENCKER, J. C. (2012), Who Do Firms Lay Off and Why?. Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, 51: 152–169. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-232X.2011.00666.x
- Issue online: 29 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 29 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!