The authors’ affiliation are, respectively, University of Greenwich, Old Royal Naval College, Park Row, London SE10 9LS, UK. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Cardiff University, Aberconway Building, Colum Drive, Cardiff CF10 3EU, UK. E-mail: email@example.com; +44 0 2920 875080. Many thanks to Cornell University’s Einaudi Centre, the Hans Böckler Foundation, and Cardiff Business School for funding portions of the field research. For comments on earlier drafts, many thanks to Khalid Al Hoor, Magdalena Bernaciak, Rick Delbridge, Virginia Doellgast, Bradon Ellem, Thomas Fetzer, Chris Forde, Ed Heery, Harry Katz, Nathan Lillie, Miguel Martinez Lucio, Mark Stuart, and Lowell Turner, as well as an anonymous reviewer and Industrial Relations editor Steven Rafael. Thanks also to participants in the British Universities Industrial Relations Association conference, Bristol, June 26–28, 2008; the “Internationalization and Organization” seminar at the Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin in August 2008; the workshop “Transnational Solidarity in Times of Global Restructuring,” Nottingham, November 6–7, 2008; the HRM special interest group workshop of the British Academy of Management, Cardiff, March 30–31, 2009; the World Congress of the International Industrial Relations Association, Sydney, August 24–27, 2009; and the Transatlantic Social Dialogue, Brussels, March 12–13, 2010.
Identity Work: Sustaining Transnational Collective Action at General Motors Europe
Article first published online: 19 APR 2012
© 2012 Regents of the University of California
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society
Volume 51, Issue 2, pages 275–299, April 2012
How to Cite
GREER, I. and HAUPTMEIER, M. (2012), Identity Work: Sustaining Transnational Collective Action at General Motors Europe. Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, 51: 275–299. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-232X.2012.00677.x
- Issue published online: 19 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 19 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!