I am indebted for some of the ideas in this paper to Samir al-Taqi, Heidi Huuhtanen and Tina Zintl.
Syria: from ‘authoritarian upgrading’ to revolution?
Article first published online: 20 JAN 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). International Affairs © 2012 The Royal Institute of International Affairs.
Volume 88, Issue 1, pages 95–113, January 2012
How to Cite
HINNEBUSCH, R. (2012), Syria: from ‘authoritarian upgrading’ to revolution?. International Affairs, 88: 95–113. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2346.2012.01059.x
- Issue published online: 20 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 20 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!