The research underlying this article was funded by the Smith Richardson Foundation, the German Marshall Fund of the United States, the World Bank, the American University, the City University of New York, and the International Food Policy Research Institute. The authors thank Xinshen Diao, Shaun Breslin, Henry W. C. Yeung, Tewodaj Mogues, Hans Jørgen Gåsemyr, Ted Moran, Shahid Yusuf, Danny Leipziger and Yasheng Huang for their helpful comments. Nicholas Smith provided excellent research assistance.
Economic statecraft in China's new overseas special economic zones: soft power, business or resource security?
Version of Record online: 5 JUL 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). International Affairs © 2012 The Royal Institute of International Affairs.
Volume 88, Issue 4, pages 799–816, July 2012
How to Cite
BRÄUTIGAM, D. and XIAOYANG, T. (2012), Economic statecraft in China's new overseas special economic zones: soft power, business or resource security?. International Affairs, 88: 799–816. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2346.2012.01102.x
- Issue online: 5 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 5 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!