This article is part of my dissertation at the University of Rochester. I am greatly indebted to Per Krusell for his encouragement and advice. This work has also benefited from comments and discussions with Rui Albuquerque, Irasema Alonso, Eva De Francisco, Margarida Duarte, Huberto Ennis, Fernando Leiva, Leonardo Martinez, Joseph Perktold, Martin Schneider, Alan Stockman, Paul Willen, and two referees. The project started while I was visiting the Institute for International Economic Studies at Stockholm University. I am grateful for their hospitality. The usual disclaimer applies. Any opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond or the Federal Reserve System. Please address correspondence to: J. C. Hatchondo, Research Department, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, 701 E. Byrd St., Richmond, VA 23261, U.S.A. Phone: 804-697-8076. Fax: 804-697-2662. E-mail: JuanCarlos.Hatchondo@rich.frb.org.
ASYMMETRIC INFORMATION AND THE LACK OF PORTFOLIO DIVERSIFICATION*
Version of Record online: 20 OCT 2008
© (2008) by the Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association
International Economic Review
Volume 49, Issue 4, pages 1297–1330, November 2008
How to Cite
Carlos Hatchondo, J. (2008), ASYMMETRIC INFORMATION AND THE LACK OF PORTFOLIO DIVERSIFICATION. International Economic Review, 49: 1297–1330. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2354.2008.00513.x
Manuscript received Febraury 2007; revised June 2007.
- Issue online: 20 OCT 2008
- Version of Record online: 20 OCT 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!