The author is grateful to Charles Horioka and the members of the Institute of Social and Economic Research in Osaka University for stimulating discussions in the course of the Klein Lecture. This research agenda benefited from a joint research with Quamrul Ashraf, Omer Moav, Andrew Mountford, and David Weil, and from extensive discussions and debates on the subject with Yona Rubinstein. Boris Gershman and Oksana Leukhina provided valuable detailed comments on this article. The research was supported by NSF Grant No. SES-0921573. Please address correspondence to: Oded Galor, Department of Economics, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912. E-mail: Oded_Galor@brown.edu.
THE 2008 LAWRENCE R. KLEIN LECTURE—COMPARATIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: INSIGHTS FROM UNIFIED GROWTH THEORY*
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2010
© (2010) by the Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association
International Economic Review
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 1–44, February 2010
How to Cite
Galor, O. (2010), THE 2008 LAWRENCE R. KLEIN LECTURE—COMPARATIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: INSIGHTS FROM UNIFIED GROWTH THEORY. International Economic Review, 51: 1–44. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2354.2009.00569.x
Manuscript received September 2009; revised October 2009.
- Issue published online: 24 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!