We would like to thank Ed Prescott, Victor Ríos-Rull, Javier Díaz-Giménez, Berthold Herrendorf, Josep Pijoan-Mas, Darin Lee, and two anonymous referees for helpful comments. We also thank seminar participants at CEMFI, the University of Pennsylvania, Arizona State University, Carlos III, FEDEA, Universidad Complutense, Universidad de Málaga, EFACR, NBER Summer Institute 2002, Université Catholique de Louvain, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Universidade de Madeira, and CERGE-EI. Díaz thanks the Dirección General de Investigación, project SEJ2004-00968, for financial support. Luengo-Prado is indebted to the Dirección General de Investigación, project BEC2000-0173, for financial support. A previous version of this article was entitled “Precautionary Saving and Wealth Distribution with Durable Goods.” Please address correspondence to: María José Luengo-Prado, Department of Economics, Northeastern University, 301 Lake Hall, 360 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02155-5000. Phone: 617 373 4520. Fax: 617 373 3640. E-mail: email@example.com.
THE WEALTH DISTRIBUTION WITH DURABLE GOODS*
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2010
© (2010) by the Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association
International Economic Review
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 143–170, February 2010
How to Cite
Díaz, A. and Luengo-Prado, M. J. (2010), THE WEALTH DISTRIBUTION WITH DURABLE GOODS. International Economic Review, 51: 143–170. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2354.2009.00574.x
Manuscript received May 2005; revised April 2008.
- Issue published online: 24 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!