We thank Luis Garicano, John Hartwick, Tony Latter, Rich Romano, Aloysius Siow, Zhigang Tao, and Bruce Weinberg for helpful comments and Priscilla Man and Ron Chan for able research assistance. We have also benefited from many comments and suggestions by the editor and two anonymous referees. Please address correspondence to: Ettore Damiano, Department of Economics, University of Toronto, Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3G7 Canada. Phone: +1 416 946 5821. Fax: +1 416 978 6713. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FIRST IN VILLAGE OR SECOND IN ROME?*
Version of Record online: 24 FEB 2010
© (2010) by the Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association
International Economic Review
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 263–288, February 2010
How to Cite
Damiano, E., Li, H. and Suen, W. (2010), FIRST IN VILLAGE OR SECOND IN ROME?. International Economic Review, 51: 263–288. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2354.2009.00579.x
Manuscript received March 2007; revised August 2008.
- Issue online: 24 FEB 2010
- Version of Record online: 24 FEB 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!