We are grateful to Braz Camargo, Leo Ferraris, Nobuhiro Kiyotaki, Tim Vogelsang, Warren Weber, Lucy White, Randall Wright, and seminar and conference participants at the 2008 Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Summer Workshop on Money, Banking and Payments, the 2008 Econometric Society Summer Meetings, the 2008 Midwest Economic Theory Meetings, and the 2008 Swiss Conference on Banking and Financial Intermediation (Champery). All remaining errors are ours. Please address correspondence to: Luis Araujo, 220A Marshall-Addams Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824, U.S.A. Phone: +517-353-6621. E-mail: email@example.com.
ON THE ESSENTIALITY OF BANKS*
Version of Record online: 29 AUG 2011
© (2011) by the Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association
International Economic Review
Volume 52, Issue 3, pages 679–691, August 2011
How to Cite
Araujo, L. and Minetti, R. (2011), ON THE ESSENTIALITY OF BANKS. International Economic Review, 52: 679–691. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2354.2011.00645.x
Manuscript received October 2008; revised September 2009.
- Issue online: 29 AUG 2011
- Version of Record online: 29 AUG 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!