We are grateful for the permission of the Office for National Statistics to use the Longitudinal Study data and for the support provided by Chris Marshall and Jo Tomlinson from the Centre for Longitudinal Study Information and User Support (CeLSIUS). We thank three anonymous referees, the Editor (Jan Eeckhout), Jim Albrecht, V. Bhaskar, Larry Bumpass, Ken Burdett, John Knowles, Abhinay Muthoo, Motty Perry, Robert Pollak, Sergei Severinov, Aloysius Siow, Linda Wong, Randy Wright, and seminar participants at the 2007 ESPE Conference (Chicago), Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, University of Belfast, University of Cagliari, University of Essex, University of Leicester, London School of Economics, University of Milan, and University of Pennsylvania for comments and suggestions. Please address correspondence to: Marco Francesconi, Department of Economics, University of Essex, Colchester CO4 3SQ, U.K. E-mail: email@example.com.
ON THE EMERGENCE OF TOYBOYS: THE TIMING OF MARRIAGE WITH AGING AND UNCERTAIN CAREERS*
Article first published online: 29 AUG 2011
© (2011) by the Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association
International Economic Review
Volume 52, Issue 3, pages 825–853, August 2011
How to Cite
Coles, M. G. and Francesconi, M. (2011), ON THE EMERGENCE OF TOYBOYS: THE TIMING OF MARRIAGE WITH AGING AND UNCERTAIN CAREERS. International Economic Review, 52: 825–853. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2354.2011.00651.x
Manuscript received October 2008; revised April 2010.
- Issue published online: 29 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 29 AUG 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!