Fox thanks the National Science Foundation, the NET Institute, the Olin Foundation, and the Stigler Center for generous funding. Smeets gratefully acknowledges financial support from the Danish Council for Independent Research in Social Sciences and the Marie Curie Program of the European Commission (MEIF-2003-501280). Thanks for helpful discussions with Daniel Ackerberg, Allan Collard-Wexler, Ulrich Doraszelski, Tor Eriksson, Jan de Loecker, Amil Petrin, Chad Syverson, Johannes Van Biesebroeck, and Frédéric Warzynski. We appreciate remarks by seminar participants at Aarhus University, CAED, the Econometric Society, IIOC, Jornadas de Economia Industrial, NYU Stern and Texas A & M. Thanks to the professional staff at the Center for Corporate Performance for hospitality and for help integrating the KØB and IDA data sets. Please address correspondence to: Jeremy T. Fox, Department of Economics, University of Michigan, 238 Lorch Hall, 611 Tappan Ave., Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1220. Phone: 734 330-2854; Fax: 734 274-2331. E-mail: email@example.com.
DOES INPUT QUALITY DRIVE MEASURED DIFFERENCES IN FIRM PRODUCTIVITY?*
Version of Record online: 23 NOV 2011
© (2011) by the Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association
International Economic Review
Volume 52, Issue 4, pages 961–989, November 2011
How to Cite
Fox, J. T. and Smeets, V. (2011), DOES INPUT QUALITY DRIVE MEASURED DIFFERENCES IN FIRM PRODUCTIVITY?. International Economic Review, 52: 961–989. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2354.2011.00656.x
Manuscript received September 2008; revised June 2010.
- Issue online: 23 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 23 NOV 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!