Many thanks to Stan Liebowitz, Ivan Png, Paul Seabright, Matthijs Wildenbeest, Alejandro Zentner, and participants at the 2011 IDEI Economics of the Internet Conference for insights that helped to refine the focus of this article. I thank in particular Martin K. Perry for his detailed and insightful comments on a previous version of this article. Two referees and the editor, Hanming Fang, have provided very thoughtful and constructive comments and suggestions for which I am grateful. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the Federal Communications Commission or the United States Government. Please address correspondence to: Octavian Carare, Federal Communications Commission, Washington, DC 20024, U.S.A. Phone: 202-418-7530. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE IMPACT OF BESTSELLER RANK ON DEMAND: EVIDENCE FROM THE APP MARKET*
Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2012
© (2012) by the Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association
International Economic Review
Volume 53, Issue 3, pages 717–742, August 2012
How to Cite
Carare, O. (2012), THE IMPACT OF BESTSELLER RANK ON DEMAND: EVIDENCE FROM THE APP MARKET. International Economic Review, 53: 717–742. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2354.2012.00698.x
Manuscript received July 2010; revised December 2010.
- Issue online: 25 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!