We are grateful to two anonymous referees as well as to Gadi Barlevy, Sanjay Chugh, Dean Corbae, Guy Laroque, Jacques Olivier, Xavier Ragot, Ariel Reshef, Guillaume Rocheteau, and Jaume Ventura for their comments and suggestions. We also received helpful feedback from seminar participants at CREST-INSEE, Ecole Polytechnique, University of Cambridge, University of Cergy, Banque de France, and Institut Poincaré as well as from conference participants at the 2011 Annual Meeting of the American Economic Association, the 2010 Philadelphia Fed “Labor Markets after the Great Recession” Conference, the 2010 Econometric Society World Congress, the 2010 Midwest Macro Meetings, the 2010 Paris Summer Macro-Finance Workshop, and the 2009 CEPN/LAGA “Défis actuels de la finance” Conference. All remaining errors are ours. Please address correspondence to: Edouard Challe, Ecole Polytechnique, Economics Department, Route de Saclay, 91128 Palaiseau, France. Phone: +33 1 69 33 30 11. Fax: +33 1 69 33 34 27. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRODUCE OR SPECULATE? ASSET BUBBLES, OCCUPATIONAL CHOICE, AND EFFICIENCY*
Version of Record online: 9 OCT 2012
© (2012) by the Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association
International Economic Review
Volume 53, Issue 4, pages 1105–1131, November 2012
How to Cite
Cahuc, P. and Challe, E. (2012), PRODUCE OR SPECULATE? ASSET BUBBLES, OCCUPATIONAL CHOICE, AND EFFICIENCY. International Economic Review, 53: 1105–1131. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2354.2012.00713.x
Manuscript received September 2010; revised June 2011.
- Issue online: 9 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 9 OCT 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!