We would like to thank Aysegul Sahin, Fabio Canova, Yota Deli, Rodica Calmuc, Stefano Gnocchi, Eugenia Vella, Jacob Wong, and participants at the Bellaterra Macro Seminar and the Macro Research Workshop in the EUI for useful suggestions, as well as Jesus Fernandez Villaverde and three anonymous referees for invaluable suggestions. Evi Pappa acknowledges financial support from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation through grant ECO2009-09847, the Generalitat of Catalonia through grant SGR2009-00350, and the Barcelona Graduate School Research Network. Markus Brückner acknowledges the financial support of the Spanish Ministry of Science and Technology provided by CICYTECO2008-04997. Please address correspondence to: Markus Brückner, School of Economics, The University of Adelaide, Levels 3, 10 Pulteney Street, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia. Phone: +34-935-819-695; Fax: +34-935-812-012 E-mail: email@example.com.
FISCAL EXPANSIONS, UNEMPLOYMENT, AND LABOR FORCE PARTICIPATION: THEORY AND EVIDENCE*
Article first published online: 9 OCT 2012
© (2012) by the Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association
International Economic Review
Volume 53, Issue 4, pages 1205–1228, November 2012
How to Cite
Brückner, M. and Pappa, E. (2012), FISCAL EXPANSIONS, UNEMPLOYMENT, AND LABOR FORCE PARTICIPATION: THEORY AND EVIDENCE. International Economic Review, 53: 1205–1228. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2354.2012.00717.x
Manuscript received April 2011; revised June 2011.
- Issue published online: 9 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 9 OCT 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!