*In writing this paper, I have benefited from many helpful suggestions by Michael Fidora and from excellent research assistance by Benjamin Klaus and Emilia Pérez. The paper benefited substantially from comments by Benn Steil and two anonymous referees, as well as by Roland Beck, Thierry Bracke, Menzie Chinn, Alexander Chudik, Marcel Fratzscher, Maurizio Habib, Frank Warnock and Adalbert Winkler. I am also grateful to participants at the HKMA conference on ‘The International Role of Currencies and the Renminbi’ (Hong Kong, October 2007), where an early version was presented. The usual disclaimer applies.
Global Roles of Currencies*
Article first published online: 2 MAR 2009
© 2008 The Author. Journal compilation © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 11, Issue 3, pages 211–245, Winter 2008
How to Cite
Thimann, C. (2008), Global Roles of Currencies. International Finance, 11: 211–245. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2362.2008.01226.x
- Issue published online: 2 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 2 MAR 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!