*We thank two anonymous referees and the editor (Benn Steil) for helpful comments and suggestions that improved the paper. We also thank Peghe Braila, Ilan Cooper, Xavier Freixas, Bruno Gerard, Rasmus Pilegaard, Richard Priestley, Bent Vale, Jesper Wormstrup, seminar audiences at Leuven, NHH, Stockholm School of Economics, Tilburg, and participants and discussants at the Second CFSECB Research Network Workshop in Helsinki in March 2003. Special thanks are due to Farid Toubal and Sven Blank for help with data and to Stine Pilegaard, Deutsche Bank and Søren Aarup, Nordea, for helpful conversations. Lena Tonzer and Steven Burnett have provided valuable research assistance. This paper was initiated while Claudia M. Buch was visiting the NBER. Buch thanks the Volkswagen Foundation, Ostergaard thanks the Foundation for the Advancement of Bank Studies, and Buch and Ostergaard thank the Ruhrgas Foundation for financial support.
Cross-Border Diversification in Bank Asset Portfolios*
Version of Record online: 13 APR 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 79–108, Spring 2010
How to Cite
Buch, C. M., Driscoll, J. C. and Ostergaard, C. (2010), Cross-Border Diversification in Bank Asset Portfolios. International Finance, 13: 79–108. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2362.2010.01253.x
- Issue online: 13 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 13 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!