*The paper benefited from comments by Guillermo Calvo, Stijn Claessens, Paul De Grauwe, Eva Gutierrez, Asli Demirguc-Kunt, Marcelo Giugale, Miguel Kiguel, Michael Klein, Eduardo Ley, Eduardo Levy Yeyati, Giovanni Majnoni, Fernando Montes-Negret, Roberto Rigobon, Calvin Schnure, Constantinos Stephanou and Carol Wambeke. The paper also benefited from stimulating conversations with Michael Dooley, Vincent Reinhart, Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel and Sergio Schmukler, as well as from comments received at a conference organized by Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs in New York, the XI Workshop in International Economics and Finance in Montevideo, workshops organized by Casa das Garças in Rio de Janeiro, the Central Bank of Argentina in Buenos Aires, financial sector authorities in Bogotá and a conference on reforming regulation organized in Madrid by the Central Bank of Spain and the World Bank. We thank Felipe Valencia Caicedo for providing research assistance. The views in this paper are entirely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the World Bank, its executive directors or the countries they represent.
Regulatory Reform: Integrating Paradigms*
Article first published online: 13 APR 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 109–139, Spring 2010
How to Cite
De La Torre, A. and Ize, A. (2010), Regulatory Reform: Integrating Paradigms. International Finance, 13: 109–139. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2362.2010.01254.x
- Issue published online: 13 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 13 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!