*We thank two anonymous referees for helpful comments and suggestions that improved the paper. We also thank Giuliano Iannotta, Adrian Tschoegl, Michael Ermann, Reinhard Schmidt, Felix Noth, Todd Gormley, Iftekhar Hasan, John Bonin, seminar audiences at the Wharton School and Goethe University, and participants and discussants at the Ifo/CESifo and ACES Conference on Banking and the Institutions in Munich and the 2010 Financial Intermediation Research Society Conference in Florence. We are grateful to CAREFIN at the Bocconi University and CESifo for financial support. This work was substantially completed while Oskar Kowalewski was under the Program Support for International Mobility of Scientists from the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education at the Wharton Financial Institutions Center.
Why Do Foreign Banks Withdraw from Other Countries?*
Version of Record online: 3 APR 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 14, Issue 1, pages 67–102, Spring 2011
How to Cite
Hryckiewicz, A. and Kowalewski, O. (2011), Why Do Foreign Banks Withdraw from Other Countries?. International Finance, 14: 67–102. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2362.2011.01275.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2011
- Version of Record online: 3 APR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!