This article builds on my lecture of the same title (Posen ). I have benefitted from comments from Chris Alsopp, Alex Brazier, Chris Carroll, Neal Hatch, Tomas Hellebrandt, David Hendry, Jake Horwood, Neil Meads, Steve Nickell, Tom Smith, Tim Taylor, Marilyne Tolle, Simon Wren-Lewis and members of the Monetary Policy Committee. Hellebrandt and Tolle provided excellent research assistance. The views expressed here and any remaining errors of fact or interpretation are solely my own, and not those of the MPC, the Bank or PIIE.
The Soft Tyranny of Inflation Expectations†
Article first published online: 13 SEP 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Volume 14, Issue 3, pages 541–566, Winter 2011
How to Cite
Posen, A. (2011), The Soft Tyranny of Inflation Expectations. International Finance, 14: 541–566. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2362.2011.01287.x
- Issue published online: 23 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 13 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!