The author gratefully acknowledges the three anonymous reviewers and the Associate Editor, Dr Kamel Mellahi, for their valuable comments and critical suggestions on early versions of this manuscript. The author is also grateful to all the team members at the Eastern Scholar Research Team of International Trade at Shanghai Lixin University of Commerce for their valuable inputs and excellence research assistance. This research was supported in part by the Program for Professor of Special Appointment (Eastern Scholar) at Shanghai Institutions of Higher Learning. A previous version of the paper was presented at the 2010 Academy of Management (AOM) Annual Meeting, 6–10 August, Montreal, Canada. It was judged as one of the best papers and appeared in the 2010 AOM Best Paper Proceedings. It was also awarded Douglas Nigh Memorial Best Paper Award Finalist by the International Management Division of the AOM.
The Internationalization of Chinese Firms: A Critical Review and Future Research*
Article first published online: 14 SEP 2011
© 2011 The Author. International Journal of Management Reviews © 2011 British Academy of Management and Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
International Journal of Management Reviews
Volume 14, Issue 4, pages 408–427, December 2012
How to Cite
Deng, P. (2012), The Internationalization of Chinese Firms: A Critical Review and Future Research. International Journal of Management Reviews, 14: 408–427. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2370.2011.00323.x
A free Teaching and Learning Guide to accompany this article is available at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1468-2370/homepage/teaching___learning_guides.htm
- Issue published online: 1 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 14 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!