Community struggles in Los Angeles
Article first published online: 14 OCT 2009
1981 Joint Editors and Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 5, Issue 4, pages 546–564, December 1981
How to Cite
Haas, G. and Heskin, A. D. (1981), Community struggles in Los Angeles. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 5: 546–564. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2427.1981.tb00567.x
- Issue published online: 14 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 14 OCT 2009
- 1952: How the cities grew. Los Angeles: Haynes Foundation. and
- 1980: Rental housing in the City of Los Angeles. Los Angeles: Institute for Social Science Research. , and
- 1980a: Bureaucracy and community organization. Administration and Society 11, 411–44.
- 1980b: Taped interview. Los Angeles: Los Angeles Community Design Center.
- 1967: The fragmented metropolis: Los Angeles 1850–1930. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- 1978: The political economy of urban renewal. University of California, Los Angeles, Masters thesis.
- 1977: Thinking big: the story of the Los Angeles Times, its publishers, and their influence on Southern California. New York: G.P. Putnam's Sons. and
- 1914: How the area of Los Angeles City was enlarged. Historical Society of Southern California Annual Publications 9, 173–80.
- League of Women Voters 1976: Los Angeles: structure of a city. Los Angeles.
- Los Angeles Community Development Department 1978: Population, employment and housing survey, 1977, Volume I. Los Angeles.
- Los Angeles Department of City Planning 1972: Los Angeles Central City Proposed Plan, 1972–1990. Los Angeles.
- 1946: Southern California: an island on the land. New York: Duell, Sloan and Pearce.
- 1975: The downtown plan faces open rebellion. Los Angeles December, p. 82.
- 1980: Redevelopment in Pico Union; people vs profits. Unpublished paper.
- Route 2 Community Housing Corporation 1980: Application for funding to HUD Neighborhood Self-Help Development Program. Los Angeles.
- Skid Row Development Corporation 1979: Application for funding to the Economic Development Administration. Los Angeles.
- Socialist Media Group 1975: Who rules Los Angeles? Los Angeles.