This article is based on the project Housing for Rural Migrants in Chinese Cities, supported by the British Academy. We would like to thank Professor Li Guicai for his help and advice; Miss Xie Miaomiao, Mr Yang Lei and Miss Ye Minting (all at the College of Urban and Environmental Studies of Peking University) for their excellent research assistance. We would also like to thank the officials from the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development and the Shenzhen Municipal Bureau of Housing and Property Management for their help on this project, and the three IJURR referees for their very constructive comments.
Urbanization and Informal Development in China: Urban Villages in Shenzhen
Article first published online: 10 DEC 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal Compilation © 2009 Joint Editors and Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 33, Issue 4, pages 957–973, December 2009
How to Cite
WANG, Y. P., WANG, Y. and WU, J. (2009), Urbanization and Informal Development in China: Urban Villages in Shenzhen. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 33: 957–973. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2427.2009.00891.x
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 10 DEC 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!