Thanks to Jonathan Anjaria, Tariq Jazeel, Matthew Kurtz, Jenny Robinson and Ananya Roy for very helpful comments on an earlier version of this article. The arguments here were facilitated by feedback at three events: a joint Durham and Open University workshop on Politics of Comparison; an Urban Salon seminar at University College London; and a departmental seminar in geography at the School of Environment and Development, University of Manchester. In particular, the article benefited from thought provoking discussions at these events with Patrick Le Galès, Jennifer Robinson, Erik Swyngedouw and Kevin Ward. Finally, feedback from three IJURR referees was very useful. I am, of course, solely responsible for the arguments and conclusions.
The Comparative City: Knowledge, Learning, Urbanism
Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2010
© 2010 The Author. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research © 2010 Joint Editors and Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 34, Issue 4, pages 725–742, December 2010
How to Cite
MCFARLANE, C. (2010), The Comparative City: Knowledge, Learning, Urbanism. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 34: 725–742. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2427.2010.00917.x
- Issue online: 25 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!