This work was supported by National Science Foundation, Award BCS-0108872 for 2001–03, an SSRC-IDFR fellowship, 2001–03 and by CNCSIS –UEFISCSU, project number PNII — IDEI code 1888/2008. Exploratory research was supported by the Department of Anthropology, University of Michigan. I thank Katherine Verdery for her many suggestions and comments on this research, as well as Gillian Feeley-Harnik, Thomas Trautmann, Andrew Shyrock, Patty Mullally, Jonathan Larson, Krisztina Fehervary, Bruce O'Neill, Norbert Petrovici and Vera Marin. Finally, I thank the IJURR reviewers for their insightful comments.
The ‘Housing Question’ and the State-Socialist Answer: City, Class and State Remaking in 1950s Bucharest
Version of Record online: 17 MAY 2011
© 2011 Urban Research Publications Limited
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 36, Issue 2, pages 281–296, March 2012
How to Cite
CHELCEA, L. (2012), The ‘Housing Question’ and the State-Socialist Answer: City, Class and State Remaking in 1950s Bucharest. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 36: 281–296. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2427.2011.01049.x
- Issue online: 22 FEB 2012
- Version of Record online: 17 MAY 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!