I am grateful to the residents of Beardstown for sharing their stories, to numerous research assistants for helping out in various ways with the project, to the IJURR reviewers for suggestions to improve the manuscript, and to Nancy Ablemann, Rachel Schurmann, David Wilson, Stacy Harwood, Jim Kilgore and Ken Salo for insightful comments on the project. The shortcomings of the article, however, remain with the author. I also acknowledge generous support in kind and funding by the Center for Democracy in a Multiracial Society, and the Research Board at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
Emergent Transnational Spaces: Meat, Sweat and Global (Re)Production in the Heartland
Article first published online: 22 JUL 2011
© 2011 Urban Research Publications Limited
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 36, Issue 6, pages 1204–1222, November 2012
How to Cite
MIRAFTAB, F. (2012), Emergent Transnational Spaces: Meat, Sweat and Global (Re)Production in the Heartland. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 36: 1204–1222. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2427.2011.01070.x
- Issue published online: 29 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 22 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!