Our informants were generous with their time and information — for no material reward. An earlier version of this article was presented at the Annual Conference of the Urban Geography Research Group of the RGS—IBG held at the Centre for Urban Theory, Swansea University, in November 2009, whose organizers and audience we thank for their comments. Later presentations, at the AAG meeting in Seattle and AAG political geography/sexuality and space preconference in Tacoma in April 2011, afforded further opportunities for useful feedback. We also wish to thank three IJURR reviewers for their helpful and encouraging comments on earlier drafts. In addition, David Bassens and Matt Sparke read an earlier draft and also generously offered suggestions and pointed to relevant literatures. We are grateful to Fiona Frebarche for her copy-editing and assistance tracking down demographic data. We, however, remain responsible for the interpretations and any errors here.
Spectacular Urbanization amidst Variegated Geographies of Globalization: Learning from Abu Dhabi's Trajectory through the Lives of South Asian Men
Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2012
© 2012 Urban Research Publications Limited
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 36, Issue 3, pages 606–627, May 2012
How to Cite
MOHAMMAD, R. and SIDAWAY, J. D. (2012), Spectacular Urbanization amidst Variegated Geographies of Globalization: Learning from Abu Dhabi's Trajectory through the Lives of South Asian Men. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 36: 606–627. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2427.2011.01099.x
The maps were drawn by the Cartographic Resources Unit at the University of Plymouth, UK.
- Issue online: 2 MAY 2012
- Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!