The author is grateful to the participants in this study. He also thanks Jamie Peck, Jane Collins, Gene Summers, Joe Soss, Rebecca Grossberg Harvey and the three IJURR reviewers for reading multiple drafts of the manuscript and providing helpful criticisms. The research was supported by grants from the United States Department of Agriculture, the Annie E. Casey Foundation, the Southern Rural Development Center and the Rural Policy Research Institute.
Inside the ‘Smoke-Filled Room’: Neoliberal Devolution and the Politics of Workfare in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas
Article first published online: 20 JUN 2012
© 2012 Urban Research Publications Limited
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 641–662, March 2013
How to Cite
Harvey, M. H. (2013), Inside the ‘Smoke-Filled Room’: Neoliberal Devolution and the Politics of Workfare in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 37: 641–662. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2427.2012.01148.x
- Issue published online: 26 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 20 JUN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!