The author is grateful to the participants in this study. He also thanks Jamie Peck, Jane Collins, Gene Summers, Joe Soss, Rebecca Grossberg Harvey and the three IJURR reviewers for reading multiple drafts of the manuscript and providing helpful criticisms. The research was supported by grants from the United States Department of Agriculture, the Annie E. Casey Foundation, the Southern Rural Development Center and the Rural Policy Research Institute.
Inside the ‘Smoke-Filled Room’: Neoliberal Devolution and the Politics of Workfare in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas
Article first published online: 20 JUN 2012
© 2012 Urban Research Publications Limited
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 641–662, March 2013
How to Cite
Harvey, M. H. (2013), Inside the ‘Smoke-Filled Room’: Neoliberal Devolution and the Politics of Workfare in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 37: 641–662. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2427.2012.01148.x
- Issue published online: 26 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 20 JUN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!